Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Embroidery Doodle Cloth

I'm still working through the pile of embroideries for posting on Instagram. It's like a little trip down memory lane looking at my projects. I think I said this before, but they always bring back memories and feelings of what I was doing or thinking when I made them. Sometimes, of course, it's things I would rather not remember, but not too often. I'm working, working on putting the past in the proper perspective. It's over and gone, the mistakes and pain can be forgiven and let go of. Easy to say, hard to do, but isn't all of life a series of baby steps?

Anyway, the embroidery!
I worked on this over several months, but I remember at some point feeling a bit rushed to finish and call it done. Sort of a shame, but it was for the sake of moving on to something new!

 I haven't made another one of these since this one. I did start one, but fizzled out. I'm wondering if it's time to try something similar. Anything I do like this today would turn out very very different.

I found when working on this, it felt easier to do small projects and attach them and then do a little fill in with stitches and such, but at some point it felt like I might as well do the small projects and keep them separate, so I don't know. I'll have to think about it. I will say that right now, I'm not suffering for a lack of projects! ;)

Back sooon, working, working on improving my blogging, but it's slow progress. Until next time, keep on stitching and don't let life's struggles bring you down! :)


No comments: